Monday, July 23, 2007

Shaken

Its been a long time since I'd felt socially responsible..
Retrospectively, it feels as if I'd been in a vacuum, and it felt really uncomfortable getting out of it.
Not that I wished to stay in..
More like I was scared of facing myself..
I was amazed seeing the face of persistence in adversity, hope in darkness
.. a story of brave India being carved.

Prayaas was started by IIM-A students and has successfully enrolled 17 kids into a mainstream public school this year.

To some its a statistic,
To some just another newspaper report
To some another social cause
To another, a world which can only go so far

To me, this was Light
The one that we sang hymns of in our elitist schools in the metros
A lotus in the marshes

It was a sight that uplifted my spirits
I reconciled to the blessedness that has been so generously imposed upon me
Smiles in tatters taught me many a lesson I've still not gathered
In a photoframe it sits in my mind.. and shall startle me and provoke me in the days to come

For there is a way we oft not travel
This is it

No comments: